Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Inter Shop Inc in Wilmington
Auto Repair Near Brunswick County
Ask The Mechanic
If you drive a Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Audi or any foreign car this is the place you need to go for expert diagnostics and repair.
Mauricio at Inter Shop is the best shop steward I have ever worked with. He is on the spot identifying potential issues, while also sharing if they need immediate attention or can wait awhile if I need to. Intershop in Wilmington has fixed every issue we have without requiring any follow up. Awesome
Mauricio worked on my 2004 x-type and it has run smooth ever since. My wife used another shop but after having a unhappy experience, I suggested she take her 2006 mini to Inter Shop. They fixed her problem and she in now going to use them exclusively. I just bought a 2007 Mercedes S550, partly based on Mauricio because I know if there are any problems, he will look after me. I feel their prices are reasonable and knowledge impressive. It has become harder and harder to find good mechanics these days but I have hit the sweet spot with Inter Shop. Give them a try, you wont be disappointed.